Data Analysis: Statistical Modeling and Computation in Applications from Massachusetts Institute of Technology
If you have specific questions about this course, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data science requires multi-disciplinary skills ranging from mathematics, statistics, machine learning, problem solving to programming, visualization, and communication skills. In this course, learners will combine these foundational and practical skills with domain knowledge to ask and answer questions using real data.
This course will start with a review of common statistical and computational tools such as hypothesis testing, regression, and gradient descent methods. Then, learners will study common models and methods to analyze specific types of data in four different domain areas:
- Epigenetic Codes and Data Visualization
- Criminal Networks and Network Analysis
- Prices, Economics and Time Series
- Environmental Data and Spatial Statistics
* Photos and promotional materials on this page are copyrighted on edx.com.We only endorse high-quality online courses and educational content. This page contains affiliate links and we may earn a small commission when you click on the link at no additional cost to you. Thank you! Read the full policy here.