This course is for people who:
- knows they need to save but not how much.
- don’t know whether it would be better to put $100 in an IRA or to pay off $100 of their credit card balance.
- has never read their credit report
- has both low auto insurance liability coverage and a low deductible.
- doesn’t know their liability coverage.
- doesn’t know what liability coverage is.
- would ever consider leasing a car instead of buying.
- own stocks but not mutual funds.
- own mutual funds but not index funds.
- don’t know what index funds or Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) are.
- don’t know how much they are paying in mutual fund fees.
- are considering hiring a financial advisor.
- wonder how much savings they will need to retire.
You will learn the basics of personal finance: how to balance spending and saving, which debts to pay first, what insurance you need and don’t need, how to invest for retirement, and other long-term goals. In addition to watching online lectures, you will be shown how to do practical “homework” assignments, including looking up the fees on mutual funds and requesting a free credit report.
* Photos and promotional materials on this page are copyrighted on edx.com.
We only endorse high-quality online courses and educational content. This page contains affiliate links and we may earn a small commission when you click on the link at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Read the full policy here.