Manufacturing Process Control I from Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Randomness is inherent in all processes including manufacturing. The fundamental concepts taught in this course will help learners develop powerful statistical process control methods that are the foundation of world-class manufacturing quality.
As part of the Principles of Manufacturing MicroMasters program, this course will introduce statistical methods that apply to any unit manufacturing process. We will cover the following topics:
- Recognizing inherent variability in continuous production
- Identifying sources of process output variation
- Describing variation in a structured manner
- Applying basic probability and statistics concepts to characterize process variation
- Differentiating between design specifications and process capability
- Synthesizing novel approaches to unfamiliar situations by extending the core material (i.e. go beyond the “standard” uses).
- Assessing the appropriateness of various statistical methods for a variety of problems
* Photos and promotional materials on this page are copyrighted on edx.com.
We only endorse high-quality online courses and educational content. This page contains affiliate links and we may earn a small commission when you click on the link at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Read the full policy here.