Multivariable Calculus 1: Vectors and Derivatives from Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Variables are all around us: temperature, altitude, location, profit, color, and countless others. Multivariable Calculus is the tool of choice to shed light on complex relationships between 2, 3, or hundreds of variables simultaneously.
- How does one control a robot whose motion depends on several variables at once?
- How does an oceanographer understand carbon absorption of the ocean?
- How can one assess if a prediction model matches data optimally?
- How can one design a policy to affect the behavior of consumers in order to better protect the planet?
All of these questions involve understanding vectors and derivatives of multivariable functions.
* Photos and promotional materials on this page are copyrighted on edx.com.
We only endorse high-quality online courses and educational content. This page contains affiliate links and we may earn a small commission when you click on the link at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Read the full policy here.