This course is designed to teach you about managing application containers, using Kubernetes. We’ve built this course in partnership with experts such as Kelsey Hightower and Carter Morgan from Google and Netflix’s former Cloud Architect, Adrian Cockcroft (current Technology Fellow at Battery Ventures), who provide critical learning throughout the course.
Mastering highly resilient and scalable infrastructure management is very important because the modern expectation is that your favorite sites will be up 24/7 and that they will roll out new features frequently and without disruption of the service. Achieving this requires tools that allow you to ensure speed of development, infrastructure stability, and ability to scale. Students with backgrounds in Operations or Development who are interested in managing container-based infrastructure with Kubernetes are recommended to enroll!
In this course you will learn to:
- Containerize an application by creating Docker config files and build processes to produce all the necessary Docker images
- Configure and launch an auto-scaling, self-healing Kubernetes cluster
- Use Kubernetes to manage to deploy, scaling, and updating your applications
- Employ best practices for using containers in general, and specifically Kubernetes, when architecting and developing new microservices
* Photos and promotional materials on this page are copyrighted on udacity.com
We only endorse high-quality online courses and educational content. This page contains affiliate links and we may earn a small commission when you click on the link at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Read the full policy here.