$20 off $100 or Buy 3 Get 1 FREE
I never met a person who is not interested in language, wrote the bestselling author and psychologist Steven Pinker. There are good reasons that language fascinates us so. It not only defines humans as a species, placing us head and shoulders above even the most proficient animal communicators, but it also beguiles us with its endless mysteries. For example:
- How did different languages come to be?
- Why isn’t there just a single language?
- How does a language change, and when it does, is that change indicative of decay or growth?
- How does a language become extinct?
* Photos and promotional materials on this page are copyrighted on The Great Courses.
We only endorse high-quality online courses and educational content. This page contains affiliate links and we may earn a small commission when you click on the link at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Read the full policy here