$20 off $100 or Buy 3 Get 1 FREE
For thousands of years, games and puzzles have been an enjoyable and rewarding aspect of human civilization. They tease our brains. They challenge our memories. They strengthen our competitive skills. And whether it’s chess, poker, or Sudoku, most games have this in common: Everything you need to win is rooted in mathematics.
Using nothing more than a simple grasp of math, you can discover optimal ways to win games and solve puzzles with the speed and accuracy of professional players—many of whom attribute their professional gaming success to mathematical strategies. By using math as a unique lens through which to explore some of the world’s most popular games, you’ll
- improve the ways you win games and solve puzzles;
- better understand exciting concepts in everything from algebra to probability to game theory;
- make better decisions and take calculated risks in personal investing and other real-world situations;
- keep your mind active and sharp at any age; and, perhaps best of all,
- discover whole new levels of enjoyment with games you only thought you knew how to play.
* Photos and promotional materials on this page are copyrighted on The Great Courses.
We only endorse high-quality online courses and educational content. This page contains affiliate links and we may earn a small commission when you click on the link at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Read the full policy here