$20 off $100 or Buy 3 Get 1 FREE
It’s easy to think of trees and shrubs as an enormous commitment and investment—one that doesn’t reap immediate rewards in the same way as container gardening. But the truth is that there are hundreds of wonderful trees and shrubs out there for you to choose from, and growing them can be a lot easier (and more rewarding) than you think.
Trees and shrubs, regardless of the specific constraints of your landscape, can provide colorful bursts of flowers, fresh fruit and wholesome nuts, height and depth to a garden design, and refreshing shade on hot summer days.
And just as important as the beauty of trees and shrubs is their practical use. When grown properly, trees and shrubs offer numerous benefits for any property owner, including:
- a clear—and natural—framework for your outdoor spaces;
- an eye-catching barrier (and getaway) from loud noises and unsightly views;
- creative ways to conserve energy and reduce pollution in and around your home; and
- green spaces that can help raise the curb appeal (and value) of your home.
* Photos and promotional materials on this page are copyrighted on The Great Courses.
We only endorse high-quality online courses and educational content. This page contains affiliate links and we may earn a small commission when you click on the link at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Read the full policy here